Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk simulation multiphysics-structural analysis doubt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
prabhun029
527 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk simulation multiphysics-structural analysis doubt

Dear all,

I am using ASM 2012 for my simulation studies. It is a simple static linear structural analysis where the body part is AL and pin & hook are steel. 15000 LBS load is from hook. Pin holds the body at the other end. Please check the attachment named "Inputs" for the input details. i have used pin constraint for this and i am not able to get the correct results. Please check the attachment named "Boundary constraints" for my requirement or doubts. I think component to withstand above 12000 LBS.... but for me ultimate strength reaches at 320 LBS itself. please check this and clarify my doubts.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: prabhun029

Hi prabhun029,

Without seeing the results, it is impossible to say what may be wrong. So plate attach some images of the results, including the displacements and the stress. (The stress should be a close-up so that we can see the stress distribution around the maximum stress.) If you have contact between the hook and the body, please include an image that shows the contact force distribution between them ("Results Contours > Other Results > Element Forces > Axial Force").

The pin constraint on the far end of the body is fine. But you need another constraint somewhere on the body that prevents it from rotating around the pin.

I'm sure there will be more suggestions once we see the result images.

Message 3 of 3
prabhun029
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

I have pasted some snaps that contains the input and output details for my analysis.

Yield: 24000 psi, ultimate: 34000 psi. Please check my inputs given and get back to me that where i am making mistake.

Similar component is able to withstand till 12000 lbs. I have given 15000 lbs for this. But the output stress is not even comparable to the yield strength.

Please check this and get back to me.

Loads: I have given 66723 N in the x direction and a pin constraint at the other end of the component which is fixed axially and radially.

Output: loads.pngOutput.png

Prabhu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums