Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012 runtime error?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
675 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012 runtime error?

I have been trying to run CFD via Simulation Multiphysics for a few weeks now and cannot get around this error every time I use the program: (see attachment)

It works fine on my laptop, but I need more computing power so this question is in reference to my destop pc (specs attached below).

I figured it may be due to registry errors. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times, made sure my OS was updated. Any help on this would be appreciated. I will be able provide any additional information promptly.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: 758759

Hi 758759,

Specifically when does the error occur? For example, does it occur as soon as the interface appears? Is it when you try to open a file? (If so, what type of file?) Is it when you try to create a new (blank) file? Is it at another time?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5

At first it would only occur as I tried to mesh or run simulation. Now it appears at launch, while trying to edit material, and adjusting other settings. I don't know all of the triggers of the error specifically, but it would happen about five to ten times before I could even get to the simulation. Which didn't finish due to the error.
I did recently find this service pack:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17244805&linkID=13806470

Should this fix the problem?

Message 4 of 5
Joey.X

I guess that something messed up in registry for UI components.Do you have multiple ASIM version install, my suggestion is uninstalling and reinstall the product, and using SP may help. 

Another better solution is manually modifying your windows registry, but it's risky.  

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 5 of 5

I only have 2012 ASM installed. However, I did have older versions of inventor and various autodesk programs until I removed them. I just bought a new SSD and will be installing it soon. So, Ill have to reformate and reninstall anyways. If that doesnt fix the problem. I give up. I might have to use Solid works, as much as I don't want to, just to finish my analysis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report