Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Mechanical - fatigue analysis.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m4the0
904 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Mechanical - fatigue analysis.

Hello

I started using Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Software few days ago, and i have problem with my fatigue analysis. (It's my student project).

I try to describe my problem with simple example:

So i would like to make fatigue analysis of simple beam. (One side is fixed, second side is loaded)

I would like to apply two forces, one in y direction, and the other in z direction, but both have diffrent load curves. I am not able to see an options in autodesk mechanical fatigue wizard, to add two different load curves.

I have attached image, which help me to describe my problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: m4the0

Hi,

Try watching this, it might help you with understanding how the setup works.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 3 of 4
m4the0

I have watched this, but it's only simple example with one load curve. I have to apply two force in different directions with different load curves.

Message 4 of 4
AstroJohnPE

Hi M4the0,

My guess is that you did not set up your stress analysis with two load cases. One of the forces should be assigned to load case 1, and the other force assigned to load case 2. This is done on the dialog where you defined the forces, so edit one of the forces.

This will create two sets of results (load case 1 and 2) in the stress analysis which the fatigue wizard can then add together using the load curve you define in the wizard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report