Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CAD Solid Model Inventor plugin is not installed...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MarkMazour
737 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Simulation CAD Solid Model Inventor plugin is not installed...

When our users are clicking the Start Simulation under the Add-Ins ribbon in Inventor they are getting an error dialog that says"Autodesk Simulation CAD Solid Model Inventor plugin is not installed; you may need to reinstall the plugin component files."

How do I reinstall these files or is this telling me to reinstall the application?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: MarkMazour

Hi Mark,

My first suggestion is to start SImulation Mechanical, click the Application button (top-left corner), then "Options > CAD Import" and make sure the plug-in for Inventor is checked.

If that is not the solution, then use Windows Explorer (My Computer) to browse to the folder where Simulation Mechanical is installed. (The default is something like C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation YYYY). Locate the file regall.bat and double-click it. A black Command/DOS window will appear. When it disappears after a minute or two, start Inventor and see if the transfer works.

The mesasge about re-installing is referring to the application, but re-installing first requires uninstalling. But instead of uninstalling Simulation Mechanical, you can type the repair option.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
MarkMazour
in reply to: John_Holtz

Well now when the user clicks on the Start Simulation nothing seems to happen. But in task manager the AlgADLM.exe shows up momentarily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report