Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Sim Mech / Mult graphics BOMBS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Petr.Krysl
539 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Sim Mech / Mult graphics BOMBS

Hello,

I am struggling with a weird error in postprocessing. The problem is thermal or mechanical, the solution is apparently ok, but I can't get the sw to display any contours or color vector plots.

All I get is a white-colored structure or white vectors.

System info in attached file. ASM v. 2013.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Petr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Petr,

I've seen this problem happen several times on customers' computers. To fix it in Simulation Mechanical go to Options > Graphics > Hardware and uncheck "OpenGL hardware acceleration". You will need to close the program and a restart may be neccessary for the changes to take affect.

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Andrew. It sounds like it could help, but in my AS Multiphysics this option is grayed out (and apparently enabled) . Can't change that.

P

Message 4 of 5

Hi Petr,

If the option is grayed out than you will need to run Simulation Multiphysics as Admin. In Windows right click on the Simulation Multiphysics icon and select "Run as Administrator", this will start the program with elevated permissions.

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 5 of 5

Andrew,

Thank you very much, that fixed the problem in the sense that I can now visualize the results. I presume that the graphics performance is now going to suffer a bit though?

Petr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report