Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying multiple loads to surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Emol
456 Views, 2 Replies

Applying multiple loads to surfaces

I am trying to apply an internal pressure to a tank with contents.  After applying pressure to the internal surfaces, the surface hydrostatic pressure, surface force and surface pressure selection all grey out preventing a load combination.  Is it posible to apply two or more load types to a surface??  Many thanks    

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Emol

Hi Emol,

In most situations, only one load can be applied to a surface. But I think what you want to do is combine a pressure and hydrostatic pressure. How this is done is described in the documentation on the page "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Set Up Analyses > Linear > Loads and Constraints > Hydrostatic Pressure". See the "Tip: Combine constant and hydrostatic pressures" at the bottom of the page.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Emol
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John, many thank for your promt reponse.  The referred tip clarifies my enquiry. I had thought to resolve by this method however I was unsure if an alternative recommended procedure existed.  Thanks again for your assistance.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report