Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Loads to A Beam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sdblacke
572 Views, 3 Replies

Applying Loads to A Beam

Hi,

I'm working in Autodesk Simulation Mechanical and I have an I-beam which I'm constraining at the ends and applying a load (distributed and a point)  to the top surface of the beam. I only want to apply the distributed load from one edge up to a certain length of the top surface (not the entire surface) and the point load at any point on the surface. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

Shawn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KubliJ
in reply to: sdblacke

Hi Shawn,

How are you modeling the beam (what kind of elements are you using)? Are you using beam elements (lines), a solid representation of the beam (using brick elements), or a surface/midplane model (using plate elements)? Depending on which elements you are using, will have different answers.

Thanks,
James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 3 of 4
billah91
in reply to: KubliJ

i used autodesk simulation student version.my problem is, how to create distributed load on the flat structure.in my case is pallet structure..i want to test on 10000N distributed load.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

bill lah

Message 4 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: billah91

After defining the element type to be beam, you select the lines that you want to load ("Selection > Select > Lines") and apply the load ("Setup > Beam Loads > Beam Distributed Load").

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report