Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alibre CAD Error/ Algor crashes when I try to open certain Alibre files....

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PhilVanHerle4378
796 Views, 1 Reply

Alibre CAD Error/ Algor crashes when I try to open certain Alibre files....

I installed the latest version of Algor Pro Simulation 2011 back in May 2009. When opening an Alibre file of a small 1inch diam plastic threaded nut, the program crashed and closed. In the prior 2010 version the model would open but with surfaces missing or improperly imported. The model is a roughtly 1 inch diameter model of a plastic threaded nut. I wanted to run static FEA on it. Any idea on how to overcome these issues? I have already tried the model as a Rhino 3D, DXF, IGES, ACIS and STEP files and all either crash and close Algor or the model displays with smoothed over or partially missing threads in the nut.

As this forum will not accept Alibre, Rhino, STEP, ACIS and IGES file downloads I had to place the file on the Algor users group on Yahoo.  If your are a member of the Algor Yahoo users group web forum you can find my file in the FILES folder named NUT.AD_PRT The forum is located at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/algor-users/

Phil Van Herle, PE
Huntington Beach, CA

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Tim.Nong
in reply to: PhilVanHerle4378

Hi Phil,

What is your Alibre and Windows version? I cannot reproduce crash issue using Algor Pro Sim 2011 & Alibre 12.1 on my Windows 7 32bit.

The only problem is, this model NUT.AD_PRT cannot be imported correctly if read it via Algor-Alibre interoperation, we are looking into this interop issue now. But if you save this model as STP file in Alibre, then this model can be read no problem in Algor (please refer to the attached snapshot).

If you always get crash using other Alibre models, I’d like to suggest you re-install both Alibre and Algor Simulation, and check if it solves this problem or not.

Thanks,

Tim

Algor Simulation QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report