Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor with Invertor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
641 Views, 4 Replies

Algor with Invertor

i do like to run simulations in Algor on parts and assemblies where were created in invertor. however whenever i import it to algor, it show in red color that most of parts in drawing have error or unnamed and material is not assigned, despite that in invertor they were assigned. how to fix it in algor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zhuangs
in reply to: Anonymous

For each part marked with a red "x", if "Element Type", "Element Definition" or "Material" is in red color, double click it to check whether some necessary settings are not defined (if one necessary setting is not defined, there is a red circle there), then click "Ok".

Sometimes some model are reopened, some parts are marked with a red "x", even though all the necessary settings are defined.  In this case, you just double click "Element Type", "Element Definition" or "Material" in red color, and then click "Ok".  Note that if some settings are not defined, clicking "Ok" cannot close the definition table, then the user must define those settings.

-Shoubing 

@Anonymous wrote:

i do like to run simulations in Algor on parts and assemblies where were created in invertor. however whenever i import it to algor, it show in red color that most of parts in drawing have error or unnamed and material is not assigned, despite that in invertor they were assigned. how to fix it in algor?

Message 3 of 5
S.LI

@Anonymous wrote:

Part name is all right according to my experiences.

Other red stuffs are because of the unknown element type. After setting element type as brick, most red crosses go away except for "mesh", since there is really no mesh information so far.

Not sure if you see the same thing with what I saw.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 4 of 5
John_Holtz

Borikg,

Please mesh the model first. This will automatically assign the Element Type, Element Definition (if it is a solid/brick model), and the material properties imported from Inventor.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

John, meshing solved it, so if part or assy are going to be analized in Algor there is no need to make any material assignment inside Inventor and only in Algor.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report