Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor geometry move graphics "grey out"

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Gyrus1
1147 Views, 8 Replies

Algor geometry move graphics "grey out"

Hi,

When I add lines or use point move in Autodesk Algor Simulation, the lines drag around the screen, effectively greying out the surrounding area, making it difficult to see where a connect point is (see attached screenshot). Is this something I can fix with the graphics card or settings?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rblosser
in reply to: Gyrus1

I have the same problem. Also under retangular selection the area in the selection box gets greyed out.

MES Installed with SP1

Window Vista 64

Generic PnP Monitor

NVIDA GeForce 9800GT graphics card

Message 3 of 9
S.LI

unchecking OpenGL is helpful somtimes, which locates at options->Graphics->Hardware.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 4 of 9
rblosser
in reply to: S.LI

Thank you for the reply. I had tried that but the GL option is dimmed for me - I assume that means I don't have Open GL card and it is already turned off. See attached for detail. Is there something else I should try.

Thanks,

randy

Message 5 of 9
S.LI
in reply to: rblosser

According to my experience, "dimmed option" does NOT equal to "disable". Actually, this happened to my machine. I was not allowed to change it. But someday, it's changable.

I don't know why that's happened. it might be something in OS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 6 of 9
Gyrus1

Yes, I have the same "dimmed" enable Open GL command in the Hardware window as well,

Regards,

Gyrus1

Message 7 of 9
jjs-autodesk
in reply to: rblosser

The hardware acceleration option requires administrative privileges to change on a computer.  If you do not have administrative privileges, it will be "dimmed" and unchangeable.

If the option is dimmed for an administrator, it is likely because you have no hardware acceleration capabilities; in that case it should also be checked.

From your screenshot, it appears you do have hardware acceleration available.  It also appears as if you do not have administrative privileges since the option is dimmed.

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation
Message 8 of 9
jjs-autodesk

A similar problem was reported here.  This is being looked at for an upcoming release.

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation
Message 9 of 9
Gyrus1

Excellent! That cured the problem.

Thanks Group for your help,

Regards,

Gyrus1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report