Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor 2012 and Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
powder1742
1009 Views, 3 Replies

Algor 2012 and Inventor 2013

Will Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012 open Inventor 2013 Assemblies?  I can't open an assembly I just created in 2013.  It just goes back to the ready screen when I try to open it.

Thanks,

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
powder1742
in reply to: powder1742

Bump.

Message 3 of 4
Inv_kaos
in reply to: powder1742

No it won't. The native files are not backwards compatible. You will need to save it to a neutral format like STEP or IGES to use them in an older version of simulation.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 4 of 4
john.malcolm
in reply to: Inv_kaos

Is this "native files are not backwards compatible" statement still accurate for current and future versions of Inventor and Simulation?  We currently have Simulation 2014 and Inventor 2014 and wanted to know if there would be an issue if we upgraded to Inventor 2015 but stayed with Simulation 2014.  If the files are not backward compatible we'd either stay at 2014 or jump to 2015 together at some point.  Saving everything as .steps or equivalent would be a huge negative. Thanks for any input.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report