Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
wasim.younis
651 Views, 4 Replies

2D Mesh

Hi Since I have installed version 2014 I cannot generate a 2D mesh, As soon As I ask to create 2D mesh SImulation mechanical crashes. The example I am using is the rubber seal example developed by Autodesk.

The strange thing is it only happens on my laptop the other training laptops are fine.

ANy suggestions are welcome as the only option I have is to reformat my laptop and try again?????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I also have this problem. I tried up to uninstall/install but it still didn't work. I had a support case made and the case was escalated to the development team. This was quite some time ago. I heard that a service pack is coming out soon. I hope it will be fixed. So far, I have been surviving on surface patch>Plate/Shell Mesh>project vertices.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 3 of 5
jiaming0503
in reply to: wasim.younis

I  installed  the  service spack1 for simulation 2014,  but 2D mesh still didn't  work.  

IS this a bug?

Message 4 of 5

Hi Wasim,

Same issue over here. If I use the the 2-D Welment tutorial from the help file. http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/SimMech/files/GUID-57CE9CA8-68F1-478E-91E4-EC0ADEA52711....

The weird thing is that the rubber seal example from Autodesk works fine on my laptop.

Have you ever received an answer from Autodesk about how to solve this problem?

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I contacted Autodesk Product Support. They provided me a hotfix that has not yet been released.

This hotfix solved my problem.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report