cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube Geometry / Analysis

Tube Geometry / Analysis

As a Non-Engineer working in Experimental Aircraft R&D I find Composite Design a great tool...It saves me Hours of work by letting me play with Composite Skin and Spar Layups for Wings and Rotor Blades before I start Prototyping. The biggest drawback from the Aircraft side is the lack of proper Tube Geometry. Currently I have to analyse a potental Layup with an Ellpise and a Rectangle so my "True" numbers lie somewhere inbetween. The addition of  a "Teardrop"  form would help all of us that play with flying things.... Another suggestion for us "Aircraft" guys would be allowing us to place a Spar "I Beam" into the Wing section and then calculate the Maximum Deflection based on the Spar stiffness in conjunction with the Skin Properties. These two features would in my opinion reveloutionize Composite Design for those of us who don't work at Boeing or Airbus and have access to (or know how to use an FEA Program). 

2 Comments
dean.rose
Alumni

Hi R&D Freak,

Thank you for your great feedback on Composite Design. The feedback you provided for improving the tool is great. It's great to get feedback from people using our software in the field. I am forwarding this to our development team for review. We will update this ticket in the future as we make progress on a decision.

Thanks again for your feedback and good luck with all your future analysis. Thanks for visiting the forum.

dean.rose
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea