cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xstf command Failing (Composite Analysis 2014)

xstf command Failing (Composite Analysis 2014)

I'm having a very strange problem with the xstf.exe. This is a standalone program (outside of being partly dependent on Abaqus inputs to get an inp file) correct? Everytime I run xstf on a file right now, Windows claims it needs to be closed or debugged. Could this be an installation issue? I've checked multiple times that the user defined material (it's uni-directional composite so it's pretty easy to define) is being called is correct and have changed where it lives (the asca.env file was changed to reflect the changes) to see if there was some permissions problem because I am on a university computer, but I've not gotten it to work. I've tried making the material through the gui as well as directly with a batch file, and that hasn't helped either. The picture shows the issue it throws when trying to run it. Thanks for any of the help given...

3 Comments
lebsackm
Autodesk

Hello,

Yes, xStiff is an auxiliary program.  Would it be possible for you to send us the .mdata file and the .inp file you are using?  If so, we could try to run xStiff on our end.  If it works, it might mean that you have some sort of installation issue as you suggested.  If it doesn't work, it would be a little easier to troubleshoot.

Let me know if this is an option for you.

ML

michael.lebsack@autodesk.com

tbilodea
Explorer

I figured it out actually! Although the documentation said that the interlaminar (S23) strength did not need to be input for the material file, xstf was blowing up because of it. I assume it had something to do with how it was calculating S23, as different values for S23 will blow up at different volume fractions.

rockybhai110a
Community Visitor

It's great. Nice to see such informative post.

But the result are pretty fast on Satta King 

satta King result | Gali result | Deshwar result

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report