Helius PFA Forum (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius PFA Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius PFA topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xSTIFF Submitting Job for Analysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eborowsk
1098 Views, 6 Replies

xSTIFF Submitting Job for Analysis

Hello,

I am following Abaqus Tutorial 1: Extraneous Stiffness Parameters, and I am unable to complete the last step: Submit the job for analysis from the command line. Autodesk Simulation Composite Analysis 2014 will write my input file as "FlexurePlate1_xs.inp", but when I enter the command "C:\TEMP>abaqus job=FlexurePlate1_xs", it just just returns a new blank command line "C:\TEMP>" without submitting the job for analysis. I can submit the job through Abaqus directly, but I receive an error that the elements have been defined with zero hour glass stiffness. I believe that's what xSTIFF is supposed to take care of. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elisa

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lebsackm
in reply to: eborowsk

Hi Elisa,

There are a few things you can check to try to resolve your issue:

1. Open the file FlexurePlate1_xs.inp with a text editor and verify that the *HOURGLASSSTIFFNESS keyword is present after the *SOLIDSECTION keyword.  If not, xStiff did not complete properly.

2. If the *HOURGLASSSTIFFNESS keyword is present, you can try re-submitting the analysis by specifying the version of Abaqus you are using.  For example, if you are using Abaqus 6.13-1 you would enter the following:

>abq6131 job=FlexurePlate1_xs

3. Go to the directory where the input file is executed from, and look for any files that might have been created while trying to submit the job.  Files to look for would include FlexurePlate1_xs.log, FlexurePlate1_xs.dat, FlexurePlate1_xs.msg, and FlexurePlate1_xs.mct.  These files would perhaps indicate some error that occured.

Thanks

ML

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 7
eborowsk
in reply to: lebsackm

Thank you, ML.

1. *HOURGLASSSTIFFNESS does appear, so at least I now know that xstf is working.

2. This command is accepted, but it does not cause the job to run in Abaqus. LIke before, it just returns a blank C:/TEMP> line. (Maybe this is what it is supposed to do.)

3. I was able to find a DAT file, which details the hourglass stiffness error. Since I now know that xstf is working correctly, I think I just need to change something in the model itself to adjust the stiffness parameters.

Thank you again!
Elisa

Message 4 of 7
eborowsk

For anyone struggling with this issue, I ended up going to Jobs > Source: Input file, which allowed me to submit the xs file to Abaqus manually. This took care of any transverse shear stiffness, hourglass stiffness, or thickness modulus errors I had been receiving.

Message 5 of 7
mailtoswaroop

Hi Elisa,

I am also facing this same problem. Whenever i tried to run the file_xs.inp file the program will end with showing error message hourglass is relevent for the the element. But the input file contains the hourglass stiffness.

Regards

Swaroop

Message 6 of 7
dean.rose
in reply to: mailtoswaroop

Is it possible to upload for you to upload the *_xs.inp you are trying to run along with a screenshot of the command window output.

Best Regards,

Dean

Dean Rose
Message 7 of 7
mailtoswaroop
in reply to: dean.rose

Thank you for your replay.

I got the solution for this problem from a blog. They mentioned to rename the 'mkl_avx2.dll'  (C:\SIMULIA\Abaqus\6.13-x\code\bin) to mkl_avx2.dll.11.0.0.1.

Now its working fine

Thanks & Regards

Swaroop

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report