Helius PFA Forum (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius PFA Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius PFA topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVAR data not available

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dean.rose
1125 Views, 2 Replies

SVAR data not available

I have some problems at applying MCT in Ansys 14.5. I made the model in Ansys Composit Prepost and transfered to Ansys Classic where I tried to use Helius MCT (Autodesk SCA) but the end of the process I got this message: "The requested SVAR data is not available. The PLESOL command is ignored".

Dean Rose
Tags (1)
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dean.rose
in reply to: dean.rose

I would suggest reading through the documentation in the Ansys tutorials for requesting output. You can define out as in the following exampe for SVAR. In order to view the fiber and matrix failure states generated by Simulation Composite Analysis, the user must request that the state variables (SVAR) be written in the ANSYS results (.rst) file.

Enter

OUTRES, SVAR, ALL

in the command prompt. This command specifies that all state variables are to be written to the results file at every substep.

Plotting

To plot SVAR1 using a PLESOL contour plot, enter

PLESOL, SVAR, 1

into the command prompt. The default plot will plot the bottom section point of the bottom layer and the top section point of the top layer. Please see user's guide and tutorials for more information regarding the use of state variables.

Dean Rose
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dean.rose

Thank you for guiding me here. I got the error message after "PLESOL, SVAR, 1", since I used the Tutorial 1. Actually, the structure I analyze is almost the same as in the Tutorial, except I built it in Ansys ACP an then transferred to Classic, because I would use Autodesk SCA for further projects which require ACP. The materials were different so after invoking Autodesk I set the "9024" material ID for each material. Only the elements remained different, the tutorial uses Solid-shell, and I use Shell. This is what I can't modify in Classic. I uploaded my case here: Cubby. You may want to see.

Best regards,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report