Helius PFA Forum (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius PFA Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius PFA topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with ANSYS 15

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
at1000
1394 Views, 6 Replies

Compatibility with ANSYS 15

When can we expect a compatibility of ASCA with the new version of ANSYS (release 15.0)?
Is there any way (FIX or update) to enforce compatibility between current ASCA version and ANSYS 15?

The new ANSYS release has introduced many significant improvements to composites modeling (e.g. submodeling with ACP) so that it's really worth using, but unfortunately ASCA 2014 doesn't recognize it. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dean.rose
in reply to: at1000

Dean Rose
Message 3 of 7
dean.rose

Thank you for the question. We have scheduled support for Ansys 15.0 in our next release. Keep in mind we are not planning to support workbench, only the classic interface. There is a technical issue with workbench that needs to be addressed before we can be integrated fully, but we will continue to support Ansys Classic as we have in the past. You are also correct that Ansys does have some new features to improve composites modeling.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Dean Rose
Message 4 of 7
at1000

Thank you for your answer.
Could you announce at least approximate date of new ASCA release?

Of course I am aware of limitations ASCA to classic interface, however, it is very convenient to use Workbench with ACP to build a model and then continue analysis in classic Ansys.

Message 5 of 7
dean.rose

Hello jt1000,

i am happy to announce we have released a new version of ASCA called Autodesk Helius PFA 2016. This release supports through Ansys 15.0 classic interface. We have also introduced Ansys support for our new Advanced Material Exchange intrerface for both classic and workbench. Here is a link to check out everything from our new release which is available now.

What's New - Helius PFA 2016

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Dean

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Dean Rose
Message 6 of 7
dean.rose

Dean Rose
Message 7 of 7
kenikd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report