Helius PFA Forum (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius PFA Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius PFA topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Issue with Abaqus 6.13-1?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3984 Views, 7 Replies

Compatibility Issue with Abaqus 6.13-1?

Is there a compatibility issue with Composite Analysis 2014 and Abaqus 6.13-1? When I start CA2014 it won't recognize Abaqus 6.13-1. The product compatibility states Abaqus 6.13 will work. Is there a Fix for this or an Update?  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dean.rose
in reply to: Anonymous

At the time we released Simulation Composite Analysis 2014, Abaqus 6.13 was not available. In order to make sure our plugin is available for use with new major releases we must first pass the software through our quality assurance process. Once the software has passed successfully, we make a file available to our customers that can be used during installation. 

If you are using the 6.13 versions, please create a case via the subscription center. I will respond to you offline in order to get you the required file and instructions.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Dean Rose
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi

I too face the same problem such that mine is ABAQUS 6.13 version such that it doesn't support simulation composite analysis 15 and im running windows 8 too. Hoping for a positive response

Message 4 of 8
sid.murthy

Hi sasthaautodesk,

I am assuming you are referring to the 2014 release. Use of Autodesk Simulation Composite Analysis 2014 plugins with Abaqus 6.13-1 is not supported. Please see attached release notes for supported platforms. While there is a workaround, as Dean Rose said above, the plugins with 6.13-1 have known issues.

I would recommend downloading the soon-to-be-released Autodesk Simulation Composite Analysis 2015 for use with Abaqus 6.13-1.

thanks,

Sid Murthy

Software Engineer

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

dear sir

I currently  face the  problem  that  ABAQUS 6.13-4 version is not compatible with simulation composite analysis 14/15 and i am using on windows 7. Hoping for a positive response

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

i am using abaqus 6.13-4 and composite simulation analysis15.  but, while composite simulation analysis15 installation completes it says you have no compatible version af abaqus and it does not appear in abaqus plug-ins . how do i get the compatible version of either abaqus or composite simulation analysis softwares

Message 7 of 8
studentenfutter

I have a simular issue. I have access to the following Abaqus/CAE Student Editions:

Abaqus/CAE Student Editions 6.12-2

Abaqus/CAE Student Editions 6.13-2

Abaqus/CAE Student Editions 6.14-1

I tried each Version in combination with

Simulation Composite Analysis 2014

Simulation Composite Analysis 2015

Simulation Composite Analysis 2015.1

Each time at the end of the installation I got an error message saying that there was no supported version of Abaqus found and I can't find the plug-in in Abaqus afterwards.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Message 8 of 8
dean.rose
in reply to: studentenfutter

Hello Studentenfutter,

I am sorry for this poor experience you are having. The Autodesk Simulation Composite Analysis installer may not find those installations if Abaqus is installed remotely. Can you verify whether Abaqus is installed locally where you are running the Simulation Composite Analysis installation? If it is a remote installation, we can provide a workaround to get you up and running. Feel free to update the thread here or respond to me directly. I am exited to get you up and running.

Thanks,
Dean

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Dean Rose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report