Hi I have recently installed simulation cfd2013. installation was successful and i managed to run a couple of simulations, but a fed days i got an error unable to initialize adlm - error code <-104>. i've have multiple attempts of uninstalling and installing but with no success. whenever i try to run a simulation i am now getting this error followed by llicense file cannot be found:ADLM: startup failed:
there are 3 suggested solutions 1) verify licpath.lic file in installation folde. 2) check if installation is not licpath.lic.lic, 3) if there is not one, make one.
These suggestions have not resolved my problem. i know that this has been raised in previous messages, which i have followed, but there seems to be no solution which works. can someone please help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The typical solution for the ADLM: Startup Failure is documented in the following article.
Known Issue - Simulation CFD 2013 Initial Release Regarding Localization
many thanks for your reply. I had attempted that solution, however i have found that i needed to run the following prior to it. Hope this will be useful to others.
- Login as the administrator on the client machine.
- Type "services.msc" in Start menu search box (or Start->run in Windows XP) and hit enter to open Services window.
- Once the Services windows is opened, locate the service that relates to CFD Simulation (eg:-CFD server).
- Double-click on the particular service to open Properties.
- Click Logon Tab
- Click the Radio Button Next to the "This Account"
- Browse to Choose a Local administrator account,
- Enter and Confirm the Passwords in the respective boxes
- Click OK to exit
- Close the services Console
- Restart PC
- Start CFD as normal user.
- Simulation job should run normally as long as the license is available on the server.