Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Analysis has stopped because the Solver has stopped unexpectedly" error

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
cdelavega
543 Views, 16 Replies

"The Analysis has stopped because the Solver has stopped unexpectedly" error

I am currently getting this error today. I've been following the same recipe and had no problems. There seems to be no problem with the mesh. I ran it yesterday with no problems with a similar application.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
srhusain
in reply to: cdelavega

Can you attach the support file? This will help to determine the underlying cause of the problem.

Message 3 of 17
cdelavega
in reply to: srhusain

Will this work?

Message 4 of 17
srhusain

No. what you need is the <designstudyname>_support.cfz file. This should be located in the folder up one level from the file you just posted.

Message 5 of 17
cdelavega

I tried but it says "the contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type".

Message 6 of 17
srhusain

rename the file extension from"cfz" to "zip" and see if that works

Message 7 of 17
cdelavega

The zip file is apparently too big to upload in the message forum. Can I upload this in Autodesk 360?

Message 8 of 17
srhusain

Please upload to A360 and post the link. Thanks

Message 9 of 17
cdelavega

Hopefull this works http://a360.co/1l5yBcJ

Message 10 of 17
srhusain

There are at least two issues with the setup:

1) (See attachment)- it appears that your volumetric flow conditions are inconsistent

2) There are only 12 solid elements in your model- you should suppress the related parts to eliminate all solid elements if that is you intent, otherwise the parallel code will not be able to partition the solid elements across an 8-core machine

Message 11 of 17
srhusain

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 17
cdelavega

I ran a similar simulation yesterday as attached with the same approach http://a360.co/1pOb9jP. My intent is to simulate a pressure differential for a mixing device that is submerged in a tank. Because of pressure differential in the tank, there are two different flows. An initial flow rate enters through the device, thus entraining the surrounding liquid and pushing the initial and entrained liquid out. I assigned the boundary conditions and set the mesh and it worked fine.

Message 13 of 17
srhusain

Ok, granted that your boundary conditions are not the root cause of the present problem, I cannot guess why your model ran before, but it is possible that the mesh partitioner is having issues with the few solid elements- if you are not running thermal, what is your need to keep these solid parts active?

Message 14 of 17
cdelavega

The solid "discs" act like pump of the device. I was told by someone at Imaginit to do it this way.

Message 15 of 17
srhusain

You do not have to mesh the solid discs in order to achieve what you are trying because an unmeshed part will act like an obstruction. If all else fails, you might want to start a support case with the the Subscription Center.

Message 16 of 17
srhusain

I was able to get the analysis to run when i suppressed the stell disc with ID 69

Message 17 of 17
cdelavega

Thank you so much for your help! It's running smoothly now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report