Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ask] could we simulate fire?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adhii
379 Views, 2 Replies

[ask] could we simulate fire?

dear all,

could we simulate fire?

i have a problem of simulating heat radiation of a multi point ground flare with enclosed wall arround. i am thinking of simulating fire from flare with simulation cfd. would it be possible to do it.?

so far i work with simulating internal fluid flow. so i still have no idea about how to do this external fluid flow and "fire" especially.

i found an images of fire simulation using another cfd software below. any idea to do those kind of stuffs?

thanks and regards,

adi.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: adhii

Hi Adi,

I would say yes - I setup a little file and just ran it out, please see the attached, hopefully it helps. I think my heat output may have been a little high 🙂

For fully naturally convected we could run with P=0 at the top and bottom, rather than the velocity on the side that I have.

Match.jpg

Hope this helps you out,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Keep in mind that Simulation CFD does not simulate combustion/chemisty so this is going to be a qualitative study.

To allow some radiation to 'emit' from the fire you are going to need to use a resistance material to model the basic shape of the flame.  The resistance model does allow for the energy in the zone of the fire to radiate away. This resistance is going to have a low FAR value and a higher default conductivity value.

If you provided more of a diagram of your setup we could talk about more specifics.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report