Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my model mesh?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mccarthyk
557 Views, 1 Reply

Why won't my model mesh?

I am trying to run a simulation of this model rocket I cadded.  I can run the simulation just fine if I only use to rocket body, but as soon as I try to mesh the complete rocket & fins I get a cannot mesh error.

What is wrong with my model that is preventing me from being able to mesh it, and how can I fix my problem?

I have imcluded a zip that contains the files I am trying to work with... if anyone would be kind enough to look at them.

Thank you!

EDIT: I would also like to add that I have only had CFD installed on my computer for 24 hours and I am having a hard time of finding good help for it.  I am able to run simulations and look at the tracers and all, but I am having the most touble getting my models ready for the simulations. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi, my guess is that the cylindrical surface geometry inside your rocketfin part is causing the problem. You might want to delete these surfaces as I don't think it plays any role in the simulation. Secondly, you will need to refine the mesh on the .021 step between the nose and the body. Select the surface and go to Setup>Setup Tasks>Mesh Sizing>Edit then refine the mesh. Alternatively, you can choose to remove the geometry from meshing using Setup>Setup Tasks>Geometry Tools and Sim CFD will mesh the surface as if the problematic step was not there.... but I suppose u have done this, since you managed to run the rocket body only analysis.

There are a lot of resources available online. I usually go to the wikihelp or watch the simulation tv for learning more about the software.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report