Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varying Results when Opening and Closing Design Study

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
adai8636
536 Views, 5 Replies

Varying Results when Opening and Closing Design Study

Hello, I was working on some initial simulations for an undertray for a vehicle with multiple diffusing elements in it. I have tried everything from varying boundary conditions to increasing the mesh element count but every time I re-open my design study, the wall calculator forces change the location of the downforce. Am I doing something wrong? I'm pulling the numbers from "Center of Force about Z-Axis (X-Y)" in the Summary Location at the bottom of the output.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: adai8636

HI,

To be honest, I am not sure I understand the issue.

Is it that you measure the downforce using the wall calculator but when re-opened, this value is different if you measure it again?

Message 3 of 6
adai8636
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

It's not necessarily the force number but rather the overall location of the force changes (I assume it to be the location of the force around the Z-Axis). This is critical to the design.

Message 4 of 6
Jon.Wilde

The approach you are taking makes sense, but the fact that it is moving does not. Are you under subscription currently? We could move this to a support case and share files for us to investigate.

Message 5 of 6
adai8636
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Unfortunately, I am not. I am only a student using the free software.

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

So, what you are saying happens is that the results you see from the wall calculator are different if you have restarted the software rather than just running and going straight to results?

Unsure how I can help without seeing the model to be honest. I assume you are just using the 'Force' tick box so there should be no issues with setting the position for torque axis for instance?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report