Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation models available?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dmytty
931 Views, 2 Replies

Validation models available?

In the tutorials, there is often mention of a validation model that was used to ensure accuracy and also to chart solution accuracy between versions.  This validation model consists of a model with 'real world' testing results, which is then simulated to determine accuracy.

I have asked support via telephone as to where these models may be and whether they may be made available.  These models could assist in determing proper settings, and also for correlating 2d-3d settings etc.

The centrifugal fan model could help my immediate modeling.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: dmytty

Hi Doug,

A suite of some of the models that we do in QA are shared within the help system:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/SimCFD/files/GUID-3DD39B64-5638-4D0D-9175-1FBC95E629FC.h...

Unfortunately, we don't share these models (in a share file) with the public.  All the information is there to allow you to build the model yourself.

If there is a specific validation model(s) that you are building, the forums is a great place to share that conversation.  I would suggest that you launch the geometry through Inventor Fusion so that the share file is easily opened by everyone.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
dmytty
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Royce

Am I missing something?

For example, the rotating region pump example as shown here...

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/SimCFD/files/GUID-B02592C9-6034-4FFC-B55F-3BEBDDD01EF2.h...

There is scant detail. Questions include:

1.  Is the height referenced as 0.97"?

2.  What is the fluid?  I assume water but...

3.  What is the rotational speed?

Also, back to the original question:  Why is the model not available as a downloadable file?  Can you email me the person who has made this decision so I can speak to them directly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums