Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Workstations, one for GUI and one for Solver, no connection

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HomaPumpen
426 Views, 5 Replies

Two Workstations, one for GUI and one for Solver, no connection

Hey,

We have one fast Workstation for CFD. GUI and Solver are installed. Now I have installed the GUI (not the Solver) on my CAD-Workstation too. Network licence is working good.

I have configured both computers for using the powerfull workstation as solver from my WS accoring to the manual. The Server tool is running on both machines. I can ping the computer. I have added the entry for the new solver below the "mycomputer" entry with the correct computer name. Windows firewall isswitched off. I am getting an error message when I start the simulation. There is no connection to the solver possible.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: HomaPumpen

Hi Martin,

Many times I have seen the need to still configure the exceptions for the firewall even when you turn it off.

Refer to this article on what you need to configure.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18679671&linkID=18154757

Thanks!

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 6
HomaPumpen

Hi Royce,

I have set all the rules in the windows firewall. On both computers for incomming and outgoing data. Finaly 14 rules on each computer.

I am still getting the same error. If I run the Job monitor on the client, I can see the Solver-Computer and the status. I can also start a calc. lokal on the Solver and stop it from the client. So communication is possible in both directions.

What else can I do?

Thanks,

Martin

Message 4 of 6
HomaPumpen

I have found the problem. It works fine if I switch off the Proxy Server in Internet Explorer. It seems that CFD is loading the Proxy settings from IE at startup and uses this for connecting to the solver. Of course this is not necesarry because the Solver computer is in the LAN, no proxy needed to communcate.
Switching off the Proxy is a workaround but no ggod solution because we can not use the Internet.
My question is: Can we tell the CFD software not to use the proxy from IE?

Message 5 of 6
Royce_adsk

That is a very interesting and unexpected find. I am going to have to discuss this with our development team.

I wonder if there are adjustments to the settings of the proxy server to improve performance?  This would be something for you to take up with your IT department.

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 6 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Royce_adsk

When you modified your proxy settings in IE could you instead of turning it off click on the check box 'bypass proxy server for local addresses' and see if that allows the communication to work successfully?

Also, it might help to turn off the 'automatically detect settings' option.

Let me know of your findings with adjusting these settings!

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums