Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms & Condtiions of Student License

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
494 Views, 3 Replies

Terms & Condtiions of Student License

Hi!
I'm currently using Autodesk® Simulation CFD 2015 student license. Can i publish any conference or journal paper using Autodesk® Simulation CFD 2015 student version? Is it against terms & condtiions of student license?

Please let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Free education licenses from the Education Community are for learning purposes only. Please read the full Terms of Use for further clarification. Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I have read those terms of use but there is no point clearly indicating
student's research publications. It can be used as research and any non
profit personal learning purpose, but can i use it to share my learning in
my campus conferences like publishing papers working in students license??
Message 4 of 4
h_mueller
in reply to: jessica.t

It's been a while, but as I see it, the initial question is still unanswered. I would like to repeat repeat the question and to specify it, so maybe someone can validate or correct me. I'm using Autodesk CFD and AutoCAD 2015 with an educational single-seat license. In the "LICENSE AND SERVICES AGREEMENT" it's said that it can be used for educational purposes only, which is specified as "purposes related to learning, training, research or development." but not for "commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.". So, where does learning, training, research or development turns into professional use(which is not further defined in the document)? Example: The use of the licensed Software for working on my masters thesis for graduation is, in my opinion, clearly an educational use. Now imagine, while working the possibility of a scientific puplication based on my constructions appears. This publication is directly connected to learning, research and developement, non-comercial (from the viewpoint of an institute at an university), non-profit (except for scientific reputation). So is this a 'professional use'(I'm not getting paid for my work of course, since it's part of my education)? What about co-authors who had nothing to do with the actual construction but were involved in the research? I'm interested. With best regards, H. Müller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report