Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TecPlot export doesn't work

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RAALVM
852 Views, 3 Replies

TecPlot export doesn't work

Hi I want to export the results as a TecPlot file, I keep pressing the export button but I do not get a dialog where to save the file and the Simulation CFD shows in the status bar (at the botton) an export message, and after that nothing, I can't find the file in any of the simulation folders.

I have the latest Autodesk Simulation CFD 360 installed on the system.

P.S.: the same is happening if I want to export to FieldView.

Please Advise

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: RAALVM

Typically this will get exported to the Solver directory of the active scenario.
You'll also see *.xfr files that if opened in notepad will give you information about our export process, such as if there were any issues during the export. Some of these messages also gets put in to the status file (*.st)
Message 3 of 4
RAALVM
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Thanks, I have found the export files.

Message 4 of 4
dharmon
in reply to: RAALVM

Have you now been able to import these files into Fieldview?  I have not been able to use the files I export form Autodesk CFD in Fieldview.  I was able to import a very small model that I made of a pipe tee.  However, whenever I try to inport larger files I get an error message that says ...ERROR - line NNNNNNN - char4:Expecting variable value 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report