Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange cut plane display

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RAALVM
558 Views, 4 Replies

Strange cut plane display

Hi When I switch to plane results in CFD 360 2014 I get some strange patterns on the plane which are annoyng. Please take a look at the picture attached.

When I switch to global view these patterns desapear, also when I save to the file the patterns disapear

My system is an Aspire 7750G with AMD Raedon HD 7670M graphics card

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: RAALVM

It is a kind of bug I guess. You can remove it by moving the plane slightly and bringing it back to its position. But the best remedy is to disable this:

Results >> Planes >> Planes drop down >> Plane outlines

This should make the the strange mosaic disapper.

Message 3 of 5
RAALVM
in reply to: OmkarJ

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
nhahn
in reply to: OmkarJ

I agree, this is a long-standing and rather frustrating bug.  It is hard to predict when it will happen.  I wonder if it only appears for certain graphics setups, or certain mesh situations, because I think it would be high on the list of things to be addressed if everyone had this issue.

I would very much like to see this addressed so that we can leave the plane outlines on but still get decent images consistently.

Message 5 of 5
chockett13
in reply to: RAALVM

This happens on nearly every geometry regardless of the quality of the mesh. I do notice, that when the plane outlines are deselected that there are empty voids/white spots in my cut plane. I am not so sure this is a bug. Could it be poor mesh showing up in these regions? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report