Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stirling Engine Simulation Problems

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ajcoote
665 Views, 1 Reply

Stirling Engine Simulation Problems

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to simulate a Stirling engine in Sim CFD and I have run into some problems. I have two pistons which need to run 90 degrees out of phase. I've attempted to simulate the process without the shaft to determine the speed of the pistons at different temperatures but I am having a few difficulties getting the piston motion to behave as expected. I have attached the model I've been attempting to use for this simulation, if anyone could give me some guidance as to what I've been doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it. It's for my final year thesis so it's starting to stress me out!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: ajcoote

Hi,

There are 2 points to make here. One is that we are unable to model stirling engines in CFD, we cannot properly capture the temperature change, which is critical.

The other is that we would need a cfz (share file) to be able to open this model, I am unsure we will be able to provide too much help though.

Kind regards,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report