Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for High Pressure Pump Design?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joshuabgroves
452 Views, 2 Replies

Software for High Pressure Pump Design?

All,

I'm an hydro-mechanical engineering consultant who has been brought in by a pump manufacturer to aid in modernizing their in-house design capabilities.  They produce high pressure pumps (10,000 PSI), but don't have any CFD capability.  I am currently a mid-level user of Autodesk Simulation CFD, it works great for my purposes, but I never get into moving components or multi-phase flow.  I love the Autodesk package for its simplicity and ease-of-use, but I'm worried I might be steering my client wrong by recommeding it for their applicaiton.

So, here's my question:

What product would you ("you" being CFD experts) recommend?  Autodesk, Fluent, CFX?  And, not to be a jerk, but please don't say, "Get a trial version of the leading software packages and try them all out".  I'm looking for your gut, professional instict.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: joshuabgroves

Why would you be hesistant to suggest them to use Autodesk CFD?  We can solve turbomachinery analysis and have means of sovling for cavitation if that is their primary issue when you mention multiphase flow.  Why don't you go into more detail about their multiphase flow needs?

I even made this automation tool to help with setting up and processing pump simulation:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/SCFD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Asimcfdpum...

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
joshuabgroves
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Royce,

I would love to push for this client to acquire the Autodesk product,
however, it looks like I am going to need some support.

The client has a particular issue that involves motion and cavitation that
they are trying to resolve. At this point, Ansys has done a presentation
showing the client how their CFX software explores the issue. Is there a
chance that Autodesk could provide a similar demonstration?

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss.

- Josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report