Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD 2015 has launched

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
heath.houghton
1591 Views, 22 Replies

Simulation CFD 2015 has launched

We are excited to announce that Simulation CFD 2015 has released.  We have shipped the first batch of installation DVDs to our customers and it is available on subscription center for download.  If you'd like to check out a quick video of the big ticket items in this release, check out the simulation website here.

Link to the CFD 2015 help System: help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2015/ENU/

Important Note for upgarding!!

All license server software needs to be upgarded as well as the license file.  For the past few years only the license file needed to be upgraded, this year FlexLM had some improvements which require the upgrade.

Download newer license server here: 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

Heath Houghton
Principal Business Consultant
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
OmkarJ
in reply to: heath.houghton

Heath, 

While a video on the link you provided sifts through the new additions in the software briefly, is there any write-up somewhere that details all the new additions? I couldn't spot anything in the online Help system. 

Thanks

Omkar

Message 3 of 23
heath.houghton
in reply to: OmkarJ

There is a complete section in the help here

Heath Houghton
Message 4 of 23
OmkarJ

I see, the old bookmark takes me to the old system (2014). Guess I need to change the bookmark!

Message 5 of 23
heath.houghton

The new product will point to 2015 help, anyone accessing from within CFD 2014 will be pointed to the help for that product. It helps prevent confusion as we might be changing dialog boxes etc. and we wouldn't want someone that hasn't upgraded to be looking for things that don't exist in the interface.
Heath Houghton
Message 6 of 23
OmkarJ
in reply to: heath.houghton

Yes, I realised that and edited the comment 🙂

Message 7 of 23

I just logged into my subscription account, but, do not see 2015 in the download section.
Message 8 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: pei-ying.hsieh

Hi Pei-Ying,

I just looked up your contract and saw that you are an end user. If you would like access to one of the new products please refer to your Software Coordinator or Contract Manager. They will be able to grant you access. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 23

Hi, Jessica,

Thanks for the reply!

It looked like I am able to download 2015 now.  But, probably lots of people are trying to get it too, so, it is VERY slow...

Anyhow, you are correct, I will need our IT Admin to request for a new license file and install it on our server.  I have asked him to do that, and hopefully, my 2015 will be up and running soon -  Soooo excited, cannot wait.

Pei-Ying

Message 10 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: pei-ying.hsieh

Great news! Glad that you're on your way at least, and yes when a lot of folks are on the network it can take a bit longer! Smiley Happy

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 23
orrin
in reply to: jessica.t

Is Simulation 2015 compatible with Windows 8.1?

According to your board 2014 is NOT compatibile with 8.1 so i'm hoping this has been changed with the new update.

Message 12 of 23
heath.houghton
in reply to: orrin

Yes, 2015 is compatible with Windows 8.1. The release notes can be found here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-A15C448E-107C-447F-9F6D-0A585D5058C4
Heath Houghton
Message 13 of 23

The new release does not launch at all. Crashes right after starting. Any idea? (German OS)

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 14 of 23
nhahn
in reply to: marco.mueller

Does the new release require .NET 4.5?  It was automatically installed with CFD 2015, but I needed to downgrade to 4.0 due to compatibility issues with another key software package*.  Now I get an crash on launch. 

Error report/support case submitted, but thought I'd ask here in case someone knows offhand.

*this is Vault 2013.  Because IT has to patch it across our entire organization at once, they haven't done so yet, and don't plan to for another few weeks at best.

Message 15 of 23
nhahn
in reply to: nhahn

Replying to my own message for others' benefit - Autodesk confirmed via support line that yes, .NET 4.5 is required for the 2015 products.

Message 16 of 23
marco.mueller

does it work now? I'm wondering why it is not in the package if its needed...

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 17 of 23
nhahn
in reply to: marco.mueller

Yes, it is in the package and was automatically installed - I tried to uninstall .NET 4.5 for other reasons (which caused Sim not to work). The simulation package works fine as default installed.
Message 18 of 23
nmuoio

Has the 2015 version of Sim 360 been released, as well?

In the Downloads page of my subscription I can access the 2015 version of Simulation CFD, but I don't see the 2015 version of Sim 360.

Message 19 of 23
hartogj
in reply to: nmuoio

The 2015 products were released concurrently and customers on subscription should see both available in subscription center.

Simulation CFD 360 2015 is provided in the "Simulation Flex" combined installer.

If you don't see it there, let us know and we'll help you resolve.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 20 of 23
nmuoio
in reply to: hartogj

I'm not familiar with "simulation flex".  The attached image shows what is available on my downloads page.

Thanks,

Nate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report