Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim CFD 360 failed after 424 iterations ... Are those results lost?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmuoio
405 Views, 2 Replies

Sim CFD 360 failed after 424 iterations ... Are those results lost?

I ran six jobs overnight, on Simulation CFD 360.  Five of those jobs ran successfully.  One of those jobs is listed as "Failed" in the Simulation Job Manager.

Looking at the convergence plot, it appears that 424 iterations were completed, and the simulation may have converged.

Is there any way I can access the results?  Or do I have to restart from iteration 0?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: nmuoio

Hi Nathan,

I know this is a bit old with no feedback, but I figured I would give some feedback for others that are monitoring.

Once the job has failed the results are lost.  Did the log files give you any reason why the job failed?  The job either diverged while solving OR there was a issue in the cloud that caused the anlaysis to fail.  If it was a cloud issue I would just try solving the anlaysis again first.  When the job fails in the cloud your credits should not be deducted if you don't have unlimited access.

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
nmuoio
in reply to: Royce_adsk

I suspected as much.  The Simulation Job Manager listed the status as "Failed."  But in the Design Study Bar, the scenario status "running" icon was shown.  My solution was to delete the scenario and build a new one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report