Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 360 - Stuck at upload

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
OmkarJ
467 Views, 6 Replies

Sim 360 - Stuck at upload

I face this problem occaisionally. Sometimes when I submit a job locally and stop it, the simulation job manager shows them as running but client window shows them as finished (Solve button available). From hereon, every job I send is stuck at the upload stage, as if Sim 360 thinks that I am already running a job locally. 

Any tricks to mitigate this, apart from restarting the PC? 

I have tried the steps below without success:

1. Logout and exit from both A360 and Simulation Job Manager - Confirm in task manager that the software is really shutdown
  2. Delete the folder contents of C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services
  3. Delete C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation Job Manager\2013\data.db
  4. Open Simulation Job Manager and sign in
  5. Attempt to open Simulation 360
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: OmkarJ

Hi Omkar,

Can you right click on the job in the job manager and cancel it?

Seems like there is an issue in your system somewhere as this is abnormal behaviour

Message 3 of 7
e.ball
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it looks like there was no resolution to this issue.  I'm running into a similar problem (CFD Flex 2016) and am hoping for a solution.

In my case, Jon, yes, you can cancel it, but then trying to re-run the simulation yields the same results.

Message 4 of 7
OmkarJ
in reply to: e.ball

Hi

There are few things you can do apart from the earlier suggestions.

First make sure the Simulation Job Manager is runnign and you are signed in. Then open Services (Click on start and search services) and make sure Autodesk Simulation Job Manager Local Service is running. This service stops often randomly and this stops all the download/upload of the data between your local PC and Autodesk CLoud.

Message 5 of 7
e.ball

Thank you for the quick reply!  I resorted to rebooting my computer but will double-check for this process the next time I run into the issue.

Like you mentioned in the original post, I am trying to run this analysis locally so it shouldn't need to interact with the cloud.  But if one of the services isn't running I could see how it would be a problem.

Message 6 of 7
OmkarJ
in reply to: e.ball

I think the architecture of SimFlex is such that it uses the similar methods of passing information whether you solve locally or in cloud, and hence relies on same services. If you try stopping that service and try to solve/mesh locally (or in cloud), it would just queue the job. As soon as you start the service again, it starts meshing. I have had to start it many times in the past after it had stopped during overnight runs and it remains an area that I wish were more robust. But compared to 2014, the 2015 SP3 and 2016 SP1 versions are fairly robust.

Message 7 of 7
e.ball

Starting the Autodesk Simulation Job Manager Local Service in Task Manager corrected the issue (I just ran into it again).  The service was listed with a status of "Stopped"; as soon as I right clicked and selected "Start Service" the mesh and solver kicked off and completed, just like you mentioned.

Thank you again for the help!

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report