Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 360 Pro and Sim 360 Moldflow 2014 Update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Royce_adsk
735 Views, 5 Replies

Sim 360 Pro and Sim 360 Moldflow 2014 Update

update has been released for Sim 360 Pro and Sim 360 MoldFlow and is now available on subscription center. This update includes:

1. Offline mode enabling access for up to 14 days without internet connection
  2. Bug fixes
  3. Additional language support for Italian.

These updates are optional and are available as a combined installer. When updating, it is suggested that you use the Quick Uninstall tool to remove the existing builds before running the new installer.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmytty
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Can you detail the update differences between Sim 360 pro and non-cloud versions?  For example, in updating to Sim 360 Pro Sp1, I now see that I am on version 14.1.  However, from my recollection of other postings regarding service packs, it seems that non-cloud versions are at 14.2.

Will there be a gap between Sim360 and Cloud versions?  If so, this could potentially impact support and applicability of forum comments, etc.

Message 3 of 6
dmytty

Ok... so I created a ticket and received the following responses:

I can confirm that SP1 is the latest version for Sim 360.
Best regards,Jon
Jon Wilde, Product Support Engineer

To extend what Jon sent to you. The desktop and cloud products are on a different update/SP cycle.
CFD 2014 Desktop is on SP2 and will be the final update until 2015 is releasedCFD 2014 360 is on Update 1 which I was told contains SP1 and SP2 of the desktop product.  
Notice that for 360 is it called an Update while for the desktop products it is called a Service Pack. I believe this is because for the 360 products you needed to download the full installer while for the desktop products you only need to download a small patch.  Not all that important, but adds to the confusion.
I have also asked internally to see a list of all the issues fixed in Update 1 for the 360 products and I am always told the same message that it contains SP1 and SP2 of the desktop products.
Best regards,
Royce Abel
Autodesk Inc.

I have asked for additional clarification...

Message 4 of 6
dmytty

So I thought I remembered seeing mention somewhere of SP.  Well, I ran across it again.

The summary file lists at the top Sp1 with a build date of August 21, 2013.  Please see attachment.

For the record, I have updated Sim 360 and the Communication channel shows "Product is up to date"

Message 5 of 6
dmytty
in reply to: dmytty

To confirm ... on Jan 4 I uninstalled Sim 360 2014, rebooted, and reinstalled the 'Autodesk Download Manager' version which was also freshly downloaded. As mentioned previously, the 'Summary File' continues to show "Simulation CFD 360 2014 (Osprey SP1) [20130821]".

So, more investigation required.
Message 6 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: dmytty

The newset and last version to be released for the Sim 360 Pro/CFD is depicted below.  What needs to be recognized (which is confusing) is that Sim 360 Pro is on Update 1 while the Desktop product had 2 service packs released SP1 and SP2.  The naming convention in the summary file is probably a typo because at one point it was going to be considered a service pack, but later was changed to an Update release.  There are legal reasons for using the two different naming conventions of a Service Pack vs. an Update.

1-6-2014 9-47-10 AM.jpg

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report