Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 360 CFD Cloud Analysis Hanging/not Completing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
grehod
292 Views, 2 Replies

Sim 360 CFD Cloud Analysis Hanging/not Completing

Hi Team,

I have been having issues with CFD analyses sent to the Cloud not completing. There is generally not a "Failed" response from the Cloud servers... the analysis just seem to hang.

These have generally been on large free surface models that take 24 hours or more to run. The analysis will typically hang after 4-12 hours.

There have been theories that the antivirus on my local machine or the company network firewall is the root cause.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and could you please share any solutions you developed to counteract this problem.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: grehod

Hi,

What stage is this model at within the job manager? Has it completed the run?

I find it usually can take a while to download, expecially if you have many save intervals.

You can reduce the amount of data sent back on these runs by activating these flags:

send_rvq_file 0

send_intermediate_req_files 0

send_res_files 0

You will still be able to animate through the results once you have them locally.

I ran a large free surface model yesterday (12m elements) and I am sure I will have to leave it overnight to download the files...

Message 3 of 3
grehod
in reply to: grehod

Hi Jon,

Sometimes the model will hang around a quarter to halfway through. Other times the screen display will stop updating ~80% through, the job manager will report the job as finished and there will be some large (2.8 GB) zipped files in the "from server" result folders. However the results are not being compiled to be readable.

I have waited 24 hours or more to see if the download will complete or the results will be uncompressed - but no luck yet.

I have been working with Todd Alford on this - but was also hoping to find some users that have found solutions.

Todd suspect antivirus or firewall interference. I need to pin down our IT guys to open some ports in the firewall as a next step test.

Thanks for the reply and support!

Greg....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report