Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up CFD 2014 remote solve over the internet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
startrek1161
781 Views, 2 Replies

Setting up CFD 2014 remote solve over the internet

I am attempting to use amazon EC2 for remote solving, howeaver after adding excptions for all the exes listed here and llowing connections both incoming and outgoing, and disabling the firewall on the servrer I still cannot connect using ither the ipaddress or the public dns, additanally I tryed over a VPN (hamachi) and got no luck there, I had all the server procsses on both the server and my computer running

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: startrek1161

Hi Mark,

I attempted to do this about 3 year ago when we were first starting to look into using Amazon servers and it was tricky to get it to work.  My lesson learned through this experience was that the desktop software wasn't designed for this sort of remote solving (across the internet to amazon computers) and if you wanted to use Amazon computers you should just run the software locally on the amazon computers using RDP instead of remote solving.  

I seem to remember that after a few days of trial and error I was able to get it to work, but the speed and performance wasn't all that great.  And, I think I was only able to get it to work through my home network and never was able to get it to work through the VPN into our office computers.  There were some unique modifications that I needed to do to my EC2 instance to get it to work, but that was a long time ago and I really don't remember anymore and have since closed that account.

All in all, if you want to take advantage of the Amazon computers you should just use the the Sim360 Pro software. It has been designed and tested for just what you are trying to do.

Have a good weekend,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
startrek1161
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks! I will look into that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums