Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP1 for students

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ptaffet
710 Views, 10 Replies

SP1 for students

The link to donwload CFD 2013 SP1 seems to require an Autodesk Subscription. Is there any way students can upgrade to SP1. I've searched students.autodesk.com and can't seem to find it there. Thanks!

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
aaronlevine
in reply to: ptaffet

I agree. This is a problem that Autodesk needs to fix! Autodesk, a little help?

Message 3 of 11
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: aaronlevine

Hi,

Could I ask if you have tried downloading and installing the version that is visible? I have a feeling it was updated a few months ago but the title remained the same...

Jon

Message 4 of 11
aaronlevine

Hi Jon,

Yes, I tried downloading the available student version, but it shows a February 2012 date. SP1 came out in September of 2012, so the student version does not seem to be SP1. If you can make SP1 available to students, it would be most helpful. 

Thanks,

Aaron

Message 5 of 11
Jon.Wilde

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is being looked into now and we should have SP1 up there soon!

Message 6 of 11
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi guys,

We tested this our end and found that the install was in fact SP1. Are you both seeing the older version?

It might be worth installing it and checking in the 'About' section.

Do either of you have time for a quick screenshare session so I can see exactly what you are downloading and where from?

Message 7 of 11
aaronlevine

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response. The attached image shows my about screen for the version of CFD I downloaded last week from the student website, linked to here. Please note the build date of 20120223 highlighted in the image. If SP1 came out in Sept. of 2012, then the student version currently available could not be SP1. If you are saying that SP1 should be available to students, could you simply re-upload the package and see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks,

Aaron

Message 8 of 11
Royce_adsk

Guys,

I just went through and tried it out myself using the 'Browser Download' option and it did give me SP1, at least that was the title of the file.  Were you using the 'Download Now' option?

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 9 of 11
aaronlevine
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi Royce,

Are you referring to the free software student version of simulation cfd? that is version that is not showing up as SP1. I'm sure the regular version you have uploaded works fine, but this thread is in relation to the free software you offer to students. Therein, nowhere does the term SP1 appear, either in the file name or the download screens. 

You said you had a file name called "sp1..". What does the "about" screen give you? what is the build date for the version you checked? I have already explained that the student version (32bit and 64bit) shows a build date of Feb, 2012.

I appreciate your diligence on this matter,

Aaron

Message 10 of 11
Royce_adsk

Aaron,

Yes. I fully understand that this is in regards to the student downloads located here (http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center).  Did you follow my direction with using the browser download option instead?

download link.png

Downloading File.png

Is this what you see when you try to download your file again?

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 11 of 11
aaronlevine
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Ah, I did not select Browser Download. I assumed the "Download Now" button was the browser download. I'm downloading SP1 now, so hopefully it will work properly now when I run fluid sims.

So, why make the working version (SP1) available as an optional download and leave the messed up version as the default? Seems like if the messed up version was simply removed, it would have never created the problem in the first place. I hope you plan on making SP1 the default for Sim CFD from now on. No reason to keep the buggy version online.

Anyways, thanks for your help! I do appreciate your prompt replies.

Best,

Aaron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report