Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Region in 2D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gwiebel
476 Views, 2 Replies

Rotating Region in 2D

Hello,

I am a german student in mechanical engineering and I am working on a project concerning vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT). As a starting point I managed to set up a case very similar to the one in another post in this discussion group: Rotating region and mesh

It is running but not giving me reliable results yet.

According to the recommendations given in the post mentioned above I tried to make a 2D setup.

First I made sketches and boundary patches in Inventor 2013 and tried to launch Simulation CFD from there, but that didn't work. Then I opened the assembly in Fusion and launched Simulation CFD from there.

Now I could assign materials (including Rotating Region), boundary conditions, mesh etc. and start the simulation.

Problem is that the solver always stops unexpectedly when trying to create the rotation interpolation data.

(At least that's what I understand.)

It would be a great help if somebody could take a look at the support file I attached and point me to the mistake(s) I am making!!

Greetings,

Georg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: gwiebel

Could you provide your geometry as well? I think there might be an issue there.

Post both your inventor and inventor Fusion files. I am curious why it wouldn't load from inventor.

Thanks,
Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
gwiebel
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunately I was overwriting the corresponding inventor and fusion files when I kept trying to make it work.

But I include files that are showing the same behaviour.

Many thanks in advance!!

Greetings,

Georg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report