Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing adapted mesh

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RAALVM
522 Views, 4 Replies

Reusing adapted mesh

Hi what it is the best practices to reuse an adapted mesh?

For example let's presume I have runed an adaptive mesh and I have 3 meshes with the 4 th being the first scenario.

Now I want to use the 3 rd mesh for running multiple design and different inlet conditions.

Is this as simple as cloning the scenario and design?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: RAALVM
Message 3 of 5
RAALVM
in reply to: OmkarJ

thanks! I presumed that will be the case. The problem is that if you run the new scenario form iteration 0 then your mesh isn't saved, it should be runed for s0 I think.

Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: RAALVM

When you clone the scenario, there is never an option as "s0" for the first time when you are meshing. It is either 0 or sXXX iterations. When you run it from 0 iterations, all the results of original scenario are wiped from the mesh and only boundary conditions remain. If you run it from sXXX iterations, where XXX is the number of iterations in original scenario, then the results of XXXth iterations get mapped on the mesh. You may have multiple sXXX options if you have saved the results intermittently in original scennario. Once you have created the mesh using either option, only then you have an option to run it from 0 or s0 iteration, and both yield technically the same result. 

In all cases, mesh distribution is conserved, just the mapping of results is different.

Message 5 of 5
RAALVM
in reply to: OmkarJ

ok thanks

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report