Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results not visualizing correctly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kabindrabhattarai
330 Views, 3 Replies

Results not visualizing correctly

I tried to run a simulation using Autodesk Simulation CFD 360 (I have been using Autodek CFD before). The model had about 30 million elements. I started the analysis by hitting solve. Later when I check the status, the analysis seems to be finished, looking at the Simulation Job Manager. The convergence plot seems to be converged as well. But when I look at the visualization window, there are no outputs. It almost seems like the analysis is still at 0 Iteration. I tried to pull up the component thermal summary file also. In this case also, the numbers seem to be from 0 Iteration. Please suggest a solution to this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For 30million elements (and depending the number of intermediate results you were saving) we need to zip and download all the results back from the cloud. Depending on your internet connection this can take some time to retrieve

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response.

I was seeing all the graphs of temperature, pressure, velocities, etc. in the convergence plot window though. Does that mean even though I'm seeing the graphs in the convergence plot window, the results have not been downloaded yet?

Message 4 of 4

Check the simulation job manager as it should indicate the status  and is more than likely still downloading the results

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report