Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional Reynolds Number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
csjhun
441 Views, 4 Replies

Regional Reynolds Number

Hi,

Is there a way to look up the Reynolds number(s) in certain areas? For example, after finishing the simulation for the pump, say, I want to look up the Re around the impeller (I do know that Summary shows the Re for the inlet and outlet though). Is there a way to check the Re for the area?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
esmaeilk
in reply to: csjhun

Have you tried the wall calculator in the results tab? you can select the surfaces and get their stats in total and individually.
Message 3 of 5
marco.mueller
in reply to: esmaeilk

there's no such result quantity since the Re number always needs a definition of a typical length and velocity which a software of course cannot create automatically (aside from some basic assumptions for in- and outlets).

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 4 of 5
csjhun
in reply to: marco.mueller

That's right. I figured. Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: csjhun

There is a practice to recognize the Peclet number at the local cell to be called as local Reynolds number, since its definition (the ratio of advective to diffusive rate) is close to the definition of Reynolds number (ratio of inertial to viscous force). However, I do not think there is a way to access the local lengthscales and velocity scales (at the cell level) to evaluate the cell Peclet number. This can be particularly useful when you are studying the intermittancy in some areas where it is uncertain if the fluid is turbulent or laminar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report