Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propeller Fluid Analysis

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HHOA1307
1066 Views, 5 Replies

Propeller Fluid Analysis

Hello all,

I'm trying to simulate a propeller, turning at 1000 RPM, to calculate the thrust it creates and/or the volume of air it passes through per minute.

My part is only the propeller with no shaft, pin, no static parts, etc. As you can see in the below screen shot, I've defined the Ext. Volume as air and the propeller as solid ABS. I've also defined the "rotor" as Rotatinal Region but I can't assign it.

Unbenannt.png

I went through the "Centrifugal Pumps and Axial Fans" tutorial; but, I apparently miss some points. If I try to assign it to the Ext. Volume, then I get the error: "No neighboring fluids found". If I assign it to the part (instead of solid ABS) then the simulation don't produce results...

Attached is the simulation files.

I'd very much appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Kaan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: HHOA1307

You need a Rotating Region, which will be a solid cylinder in CAD encompassing the impeller. Ths is the part that you rotate within CFD. It should sit a little outside of the impeller so that the edges are not coindicent.

Might you also consider running this within a cylindrical tube? Then you could accurately measure how much flow moves through your design

Message 3 of 6
HHOA1307
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks Jon!

Propeller will be running freely, but I assume you suggest running it in a cylindrical tube for the sake of simulation results?

I will try both ways and let you know of the results...

Best,
Kaan
Message 4 of 6
h.m.tran

hi Jonh, 

Would you please help me with this issue,

I am trying to assign internal fan material devices to the diffusers in my room, but the problem is the software warning " setting can not be applied to Volume 30 :

@Jon.Wilde wrote:

You need a Rotating Region, which will be a solid cylinder in CAD encompassing the impeller. Ths is the part that you rotate within CFD. It should sit a little outside of the impeller so that the edges are not coindicent.

Might you also consider running this within a cylindrical tube? Then you could accurately measure how much flow moves through your design

d" like the pic below. Are they need air material surround? and How to create "air volume" ?fan assign.PNG

Internal Fan Material Devices

Message 5 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: h.m.tran

Hi @h.m.tran

Might you start a new thread for this please? Pretty sure this entirely unrelated to the other issue regarding rotating regions 🙂

Short answer though - you need a sealed assembly and CFD will auto create the internal volume. 

Message 6 of 6
h.m.tran

Hi John,
I have created new thread for my problems, please help with this
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/cfd-forum/internal-fan-material-devices-no-neighboring-fruid-found/td...
Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report