Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Online Simulation CFD Help

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
len.whitehead
1569 Views, 10 Replies

New Online Simulation CFD Help

The new online Help system for Simulation CFD is now live! Searches from within Simulation CFD are now automatically directed to the new platform where you will enjoy super fast page-loads, high-def video, and highly accurate searches.

Check it out for yourself!

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
OmkarJ
in reply to: len.whitehead

You guys have done a great job here. I tend to use this now, even though I have the offline doco installed! A refreshing change from Wikihelp...

Message 3 of 11

Yes, as good as cfdesign help system again! 🙂

One thing is missing or I cannot see it: a simple option to share the link to a help page.

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 4 of 11

Thanks Marco!

There are a couple of ways to share a link--from the table of contents, you can right click on a topic and click "Copy link address." You can then paste the URL into an email. You'll get something like this:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/SimCFD/files/GUID-79AA9A74-FCAC-42CE-B835-0BF3DEA36EFA.h...

The only problem is that this opens only the page without the table of contents or frame. To include those elements, insert the following into the URL:

view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?url=/

The result is this:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?url=/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/SimCFD/files/GUID-79AA9A74-FCA...

Another way is to select an option from the Share menu in the top right corner.

Keep in mind that this platform continues to evolve to further address the needs of our users.

Message 5 of 11

Thanks Len, perfect for now!

Even more perfect would be a "copy site link" entry in the share menu! 🙂

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 6 of 11

@len.whitehead

I might be missing something here, but when I select the "?" icon in the bottom left corner of most dialogue boxes my search engine opens in my web browser.

Have the URLs changed?

Have the links in the dialogue boxes been kept up to date?

Or is it me and my computer?

Something isn't right somewhere

Using CFD 2018.0.0.F

Duncan Anderson

"Humour is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." {Terence 'Spike' Milligan KBE (16 Apr 1918 – 27 Feb 2002)}
Message 7 of 11
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: DuncanAnderson

Works OK for me, could you give some specific examples of ones that seem to fail?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 8 of 11
DuncanAnderson
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

These are ones that I've tried and which failed. I haven't tried all dialogue boxes.

Solution Control

Advanced Solution Control

Advection Options

Result Quantities

Film Coefficient Options

Turbulence

Advanced Turbulence Parameters

Advanced (Physics)

These are the sub-dialogue boxes off just one main dialogue box - Solve.

The crazy thing is, it opens Bing in Internet Explorer, which isn't my default web browser, MS Edge is my default.

However, I have used Windows 10 Task Manager to Disable at Start-up; Autodesk Desktop App, A360, etc. as the Chromium Host Executable uses a lot of resources. This has been well documented by users in the Autodesk AutoCAD forum.

I can confirm that; CFDServer, Autodesk Simulation Manager & Autodesk Simulation Manager Local Service are running.

HTHs

Duncan Anderson

"Humour is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." {Terence 'Spike' Milligan KBE (16 Apr 1918 – 27 Feb 2002)}
Message 9 of 11
Jon.Wilde

They all seem fine to me.

Maybe try a different default browser, not sure if that might be the problem (I am using Chrome).

How about running CFDconfig.exe from the CFD installation folder as admin (right click)?

Message 10 of 11
Amal.C

Hi @DuncanAnderson,

It works fine on my end too. It should be something related to your computer. 

Please try the suggestion of Jon. 

I would also suggest to go to the control panel > Programs and Features > Repair CFD 2018

Would you please try these suggestions and let me know if this helped resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Amal

Amal Cheikh rouhou
Message 11 of 11
DuncanAnderson
in reply to: Amal.C

@Jon.Wilde

Thanks @Amal.C Repair install solved this problem

Duncan Anderson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums