Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Solver !!!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ajay.s
652 Views, 5 Replies

Multi-Solver !!!

Dear CFD Experts,

Plz support me in following queries,

1. I have both CFD(M) 2013 & CFD(M) 2014 in my laptop. Now, can I couple both solvers ?

2. Bucoz, I want to use two solvers to avoid queue... of jobs !

3. I could not rely on other system for secondary solver and hence is it possible to have more than 1 solver in my laptop ? any ideas ???

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

MICROGENESIS CADSOFT

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: ajay.s

If your licensing allows you to open 2013 and 2014 at the same time, then yes you can techncially solve 2013 and 2014 at the same time.

However by default both will max out the the cores on your machine.

Apolo

Message 3 of 6
ajay.s
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Dear Apolo,

Yes I understand but I wanted to know,

In Sove--->Control-->Solver Computer---->MyComputer ???

Will I get 2 options to solve, if say My Laptop has CFD 2013 & CFD 2014 ? or It will recognize only solvers across computers.

Many Thanks

Message 4 of 6
OmkarJ

How about defining one of the Solver computers  as MyComputer with two cores? You can thus use the same in both 2013 and 2014, with each choosing two cores (assuming you have 4 physical cores). I tried doing this on our cluster (using half number of cores for each job) but in my experience running parallel jobs can be tricky and this is not robust. 

Message 5 of 6
apolo_vanderberg

I'm not quite sure what you're asking at this point

The Solver Computer list will list out any computers you've put in there for remote solving (or even locally solving with less than default number of cores).

You will not be able to run the 2013 solvers from 2014, and likewise you will not be able to run the 2014 solvers from 2013.  You can only run the solvers from their respective versions.

As Omkar mentioned you could (assuming 4 physical core machine) run 2014 and 2013 independently such that you assign each one to 2 cores, but as I mentioned this will require that you have sufficient licensing to run this at the same time

Apolo

Message 6 of 6
ajay.s
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Dear Omkar & Apolo,

Many Thanks...

I was thinking abt merging both version solvers and you made it clear..

Regards,

Ajay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report