Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor quantities

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
OmkarJ
346 Views, 4 Replies

Monitor quantities

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to monitor the quantitiers like area averaged pressure drop etc over all iterations? Often global indicators are either conservative or insufficient to imply the convergence of quantity we are actually interested in, like area/volume averaged quantities etc. Whilst, monitor points in the vicinity may not be fully representataive.

Once the flatness of the interested quantities is  ensured, it is not necessary to wait until all other variables get completely flat. Finally CFD is all about optimization, not perfection.

THanks

Omkar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
marco.mueller
in reply to: OmkarJ

write a script and share it! 🙂 I'd like to see this as well...

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 3 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: marco.mueller

Marco, from my earlier interaction with Autodesk personnel on scripting has indicated that you can only automate the "available functionality" in the software. I don't know of any way of doing this without scripting. So I doubt it is possible with scripting.

But am glad if Autodesk confirm this.

Regards

Omkar.

Message 4 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: OmkarJ

Hi OJ,

This would go into the Idea Station.  Noting this is someting you can not do currently, even with scripting.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Sure, I will post the idea. it will be a handy feature.

Cheers

Omkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report