Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshpro fails to launch in Pro/E WF4

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mark_youmans
762 Views, 3 Replies

Meshpro fails to launch in Pro/E WF4

Hello,

I am using Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4 (M100), and cannot get the Add-in to launch Autodesk Sim 2012 through Pro/E to work on my 64-bit computer. It works fine on my 32-bit computer. It didn't install into Pro/E when I installed Autodesk Sim 2012, so I manually added the protk.dat to the Text folder of Pro/E, and also manually placed the meshpro_wf40.dll into the toplevel Autodesk folder. When I launch Pro/E, it errors when loading this add-in ("meshpro failed to start"). I tried modifying the locations, etc., but nothing fixed it.

I then copied the protk.dat and meshpro_wf40.dll from my 32-bit cpu, and now the add-in will launch within ProE and I get the menu dropdown for Autodesk Sim 2012, but when I try to launch an active model, the launch tools come up as normal, but then when I hit "launch active model" nothing happens. Pro/E seems to be functioning fine, but Autodesk Sim 2012 never comes up.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Mark

From the sounds of it I would say the simple fix is that you might not have your Working Directory set as that is the typical symptoms of having nothing happen when clicking "Launch Avtice model"

As far as the setup, from what I'm reading I take it you have installed the 32bit edition of WF4? If it is working with the 32bit dll and we did not automatically set it up I would imagine this is the case. If you have 64bit WF4 with 64bit Simulation CFD we will then auto-detect it and set up the launcher.

Let us know if you continue to have issues with this

Apolo

Message 3 of 4

Hi Apolo,

I wish it was that simple, but I am setting the working directory. If I don't set the working directory I do get a completely different error ("cannot find the model in the working directory...").

Sorry I wasn't clear on the 32-bit vs. 64-bit. I have two seperate computers with the software (both WF4 and Sim CFD)installed on both- one is a 32-bit machine and the other is a 64-bit machine (with the appropriate 32/64 Sim CFD installed on each, and both with WF4 on them).

So, on my 32-bit computer, it all works fine and dandy. On my 64-bit, no luck as installed. Thus, I tried using the 32-bit dll on my 64-bit cpu, and at least the add-in works to start, but won't launch. If I use the original 64-bit dll on the 64-bit cpu, the add-in errors out at the launch of WF4 and doesn't work at all. Hopefully that explains my situation better.

Thanks again,

Mark

Message 4 of 4

Issue here was that we were dealing with a mix of 32bit Pro/e and 64bit CFD

64bit CFD supports 64bit cad while 32bit CFD supports 32bit cad

To get the launcher working updating to 64bit WF4 would be required.

Currently saving the model and using the direct load (via File-New) is a valid workaround

Apolo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report