Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing Error while using training file "Exhibit Hall.cfz"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kaiwei
813 Views, 4 Replies

Meshing Error while using training file "Exhibit Hall.cfz"

Hi,

I am newbie to CFD Simulation 2013. I recently tried self-help with the Exhibit Hall file on CFDesign.com. However, it keeps crashing at the meshing stage. Everytime I click Select All-> Preview to see a preview of my mesh, Simulation CFD crashes. If I click Solve, the same error occurs.

I've attached my file within this post. Could someone please point out where my error is? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: kaiwei

Are you running on a local drive?

Could you attach the cfz file, this we can open and can try to replicate the issue here.

Message 3 of 5
OmkarJ

Kaiwei,

Try to go here:  http://www.cfdesign.com/OnlineHelp/2013/Test-Drive/AEC/AEC-getting-started.htm

and download the zip file of the cfx files through link at the top. This model geometry can be meshed without problems.

I am aware of another link somewhere (perhaps from the offline documentation) which perhaps you are currently using. In that model, the geometry of the man sitting on the bench is difficult to mesh because of sudden sharp cornered surfaces where his pants terminate and shoes start! The mesher fails at that surface hence you can't see the preview.

Let me know if this solves.

Cheers

OJ

Message 4 of 5
kaiwei
in reply to: OmkarJ

Hi OJ,

The link you provided is where I downloaded the original file from. All the steps in the tutorial are working up till the meshing stage. I will try re-downloading the file to see what happens. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
OmkarJ

Just so you know, I was in a mood of some fancy animations yesterday and I tried the same cfz file out. And it worked for me.

Cheers

OJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report