I am getting the error message "the analysis has stopped because the solver has exited unexpectedly. I was trying a more complex valve, so I figured I would then try a simple cylinder just to see if the model was the problem.
The cylinder is simply 6" ID X 24" long with a 1/4" thick wall. I open it up in simulation CFD 2013.
1) I assign steel as a material.
2) I go to geometry tools and build a surface on both ends of the cylinder.
3) In geometry tools I fill the void.
4) I assign air as the material in the CFD created void
5) I apply 1psi pressure to one end
6) I apply 2 psi pressure to the other end
7) I accept the autosize for the mesh
8) I attempt to create the mesh.
Then the error. I am new to the CFD thing. Any ideas?
Could you try not using the Geometry tools but model the solid (air) internal part in CAD also?
What is the exact error you are seeing?
Thanks for the reply. The exact error reads...
"The Analysis has stopped because the slover has exited unexpectedly. Please send the ".cfz" file found in the working directory to technical support for assistance.