Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material database file not found

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tomob57
721 Views, 7 Replies

Material database file not found

Hi,

When I open Simulation CFD for the first time, I get a message telling me that a material database file was not found.

I have verified that matprop.cfdmdb exists, it is exactly where it should be.

I then tried to delete the 'cfdesign_db_dictionary.xml' file like it suggests, but that file isn't there so I couldn't do that.

Finally I tried to run 'CFdConfig'; but that file isn't there either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
georgelawrance515
in reply to: tomob57

hello

slim chance as this post was over 10 years ago but how did you solve this as i am experiencing this issue now.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @georgelawrance515!
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\CFD 20XX and run CFDconfig.exe as administrator, then proceed with configuration. That should repair the database path.
Best,
Tim

Message 4 of 8

hello, thanks for the help but i have ran the CFD config twice and im getting the same error. I've attached some images of what im getting. i have the matprop file on the program files and have tried renaming it like it says, when it says rename is it simply changing the name or do i need to change the file type. any help is much appreciated. 

thanks 

George cfdconfig.pngScreenshot 2024-03-20 072531.pngScreenshot 2024-03-20 073748.png

Message 5 of 8

Have you tried uninstalling CFD via Control Panel and then installing it back with installation file from manage.autodesk.com?
I've also noticed that you are using CFD2021, I highly recommend switching to CFD2024 as it has a lot of bug fixes.
Best,
Tim

Message 6 of 8
georgelawrance515
in reply to: tomob57

i have tried deleting and installing multiple times, i also have had 2024 version and got the same issue. i will try again using manage.autodesk.com. cheers 

Message 7 of 8

ive tried 2021 again and still getting the same issue. when i try and install 2024 nothing happens after i run the install application. is this a common issue which you know about. cheers

george 

Message 8 of 8

Assuming you are installing CFD with official installer from manage.autodesk.com my last idea is to try performing a clear uninstall of CFD following this article: [LINK].
Are you installing CFD in the default folder path?
Are you using external or network drive?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report