Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my personal tech support....board help request ASAP. - Meshing problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JohnTomasik6493
252 Views, 2 Replies

Lost my personal tech support....board help request ASAP. - Meshing problem

Todd was helping me resolve a meshing problem.  I left for a meeting and when I returned, I found out he'd left for an appointment.  I'm kinda in panic mode, as I have to deliver this last analysis results by a meeting at noon tomorrow, and it takes an overnight run to complete.  So, I get one crack at it.  The database won't solid mesh.  I tried the suggested changes, but it didn't work.  I have no idea how far Todd got with it.

If someone has time to look at it and provide a suggestion to resolve the issue, I'd much appreciate it.

John 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I found out what it was....I created some geometry that had radii on it, and it met another wall.  I guess when the tangency occurs, the enhancement layers try dividing by zero (or something like that).  I removed those radii, and it meshed.  However, since it failed early in the volume meshing, is it possible to see the visualization of the mesh, to the point where it failed?   The only thing I could see were those teal dots with arrows pointing at them, and the arrows were all over the place (even though my problem wasn't).  If I could see the actual broken mesh, I might be able to diagnose it easier.

Message 3 of 3

John

The Mesh error Code 60 typically implies that we are having issues with building our enhancement layers, whether this is due to odd geometry or overly small gaps with a coarser mesh such that the layers might overlap

I can see that you've already tried dropping the Enhancement Thickness down from the default 0.45 which can help in some models with gaps however it will depend on the mesh quality there if that is sufficient enough

The teal dots are just the seed points as to where you are trying to place a node. When we have a Code 60, one method of investigation is to temporarily turn off mesh enhancement and then mesh the model.

This will allow you to look at the model with planes and see where some of those gaps or tangencies might exist and then either refine the local mesh or to change the cad to eliminate those features.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report